Do you want to help others and find fulfillment in your work? Consider the opportunity to work for an organization that supports people during one of the most challenging times of their lives – when they are coping with a serious chronic illness, a terminal condition, or dealing with the death of a loved one.
We are frequently looking for nurses, social workers, certified nursing assistants, and medical staff, along with a variety of other clinical, administrative, and support roles. Take a look at our current list of open positions and check back often for updates!
Are you a student?
We are committed to providing outstanding learning opportunities to future healthcare leaders and providers by exposing students to first-hand experiences with patients and families. We offer shadowing and internship experiences in both clinical and administrative settings.
- Six weeks of PTO (work-life balance!)
- Bring your pet to work on Fridays
- Casual Fridays in the office
- 403(b) retirement plan with a 4% employer contribution (regardless of employee contribution)
- Cell phone plan discount through Verizon
- Credit union membership
- Comprehensive benefits with competitive rates (medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA)
- 100% employer-paid benefits, including life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Wellness program including free onsite yoga classes, offsite group activities, nutrition counseling, and flu shot clinics
- Career development and growth opportunities, including education credits towards licensure and CHPN/CHPNA certifications (we’re an approved provider of CNE)
- Regular feedback from supervisors to ensure success and growth
- Employer-sponsored social like Food Truck Fridays
- Service recognition programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commitment to an inclusive work environment
Clinical Staff Benefits
Our clinical and field staff receive all of the amazing benefits of our full time employees, as well as the following additional benefits:
- Electronic documentation
- Smartphone and laptop
- Mileage reimbursement
- Separate on-call nursing staff (that means no on-call or weekends for most roles!)
- Annual education stipend for some medical staff
- Minimal/shared holiday coverage
We have several full-time physicians board-certified in hospice and palliative medicine, and we are partnered with the UNC School of Medicine to host a one-year ACGME-accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship. This fellowship is one of only four HPM fellowships in North Carolina, and we accept three fellows per year.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Transitions LifeCare, we welcome everyone!
We foster a work environment that recognizes the value of diversity and we actively support inclusion efforts as part of our mission of providing the best possible care and experience for the individuals and communities we serve. We recognize that:
- Creating awareness supports compassion.
- Involving people from different perspectives creates more open doors.
- Valuing contributions of people from diverse backgrounds helps build a better system to deliver care.
- Inclusion helps everyone grow.
We strive to create a workplace where diversity of thought, background, experience, practice, and expression are valued and where actions that support inclusion are purposefully chosen. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Making inclusion part of our strategic plan
- Supporting an inclusion workgroup
- Offering training on providing LGBTQ-inclusive care to clinical employees
- Incorporating cultural humility training at new employee orientation
- Celebrating Pride Day
- Veteran’s Day staff and military family recognition
- Racial Equity Institute Groundwater training
- Seeking out methods to recruit a diverse workforce
- Giving employees freedom of choice around observing holidays that are important to them through inclusive paid time off policy