Christopher Thompson, MD, FAAHPM
Hospice and Palliative Medicine Physician
Dr. Christopher Thompson served as a Battle Force Systems Engineer for the Naval Surface Warfare Center prior to graduating from Xavier University School of Medicine. He completed his Family Medicine Residency at Columbus Regional Medical Center in Columbus, GA and then went on to complete a Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, GA.
Following fellowship, he was appointed Clinical Assistant Professor at Mercer University School of Medicine, and he has served as Chief Medical Officer of Columbus Hospice. Dr. Thompson assisted in developing the palliative medicine programs at two hospitals prior to joining Transitions LifeCare as Medical Director for Transitions Kids, our pediatric hospice program. Dr. Thompson is board certified in family medicine. After completing fellowship, Dr. Thompson became board certified in hospice and palliative medicine with the added qualifications of hospice medical director certification and Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Current Appointments and Affiliations
- Member of Palliative Care Inpatient Service, WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Xavier University School of Medicine / MD
- Columbus Regional Medical Center / Family Medicine
- Mercer University School of Medicine / Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM)