Transitions LifeCare is committed to providing outstanding learning opportunities to future healthcare leaders and providers. We believe that by exposing students to first-hand experiences with patients and families facing serious life-limiting or terminal illness, we can de-mystify common misconceptions many have about death and end-of-life care.
Transitions LifeCare has received national recognition as a high quality, leading provider of palliative and end-of-life care serving families in the Triangle area of North Carolina. Students are selected to participate as visitors or interns to see first-hand how an interdisciplinary team provides high quality, compassionate, patient-centered care in our community.
Visitor / Shadowing Experience
Shadowing and observing out staff provides insights into daily work. Visitor opportunities are one to five days and can be clinical or non-clinical/administrative. As a shadow, you won’t provide any direct patient contact or care.
Each internship is unique, suited to your program and goals. A clinical intern visits patients and may or may not provide hands-on patient care. An administrative intern assists with administrative and office projects and does not visit patients or provide care.
Student Careers FAQ
Visitors must complete the Student Application and the HIPAA/Confidentiality Form (provided upon arrival on campus).
Internships are limited and competitive, and we give priority placement to students from pre-approved schools and programs. We select interns on a case-by-case basis depending on the student’s goals and our staff’s availability to meet those goals.
We have pre-approved the following schools:
- Campbell University School of Medicine
- Clemson University – Health Science
- Duke Graduate School of Nursing
- East Carolina University – all Health Sciences including Medical and Dental Schools
- Nash Community – Physical Therapy Assistant
- NC State University School of Social Work
- Queens University in Charlotte – Nursing
- UNC School of Nursing – all programs within the Nursing School
- UNC School of Medicine
- UNC School of Social Work
- UNC-Charlotte College of Health and Human Services
- UNC-G School of Nursing – all programs within the Nursing School
- Wake Tech Nursing School
- Western Carolina – College of Health, Human Services
- Western Governors – College of Health Sciences
- Winston-Salem State School of Nursing
You can still apply. If your school isn’t pre-approved, we will consider it on a case-by-case basis. A valid contract must be approved between us and the school prior to student acceptance.
All students interested in an internship must complete the Student Application. Upon review of the application, a representative from our Education Department will contact you.